Skin & Bone is a combination gallery and tattoo studio. The gallery will exhibit art and ethnographic handicrafts related to tattooing, while the studio will have Colin Dale tattooing alongside various guest artists throughout the year. Through his years of travelling and tattooing around the world Colin has had the pleasure to meet and work alongside a wide range of tattoo artists and experts working in ethnographic and other specialized styles. Amongst these friends, we have hand-tattooists from Borneo, Polynesia and Japan as well as some of the world's leading artists in Blackwork and Dotwork coming to visit. Check the homepage http://www.skinandbone.dk/ to see some of the work



Thursday 14 April 2011

Copenhagen Ink Festival 2011



Just a quick note... I wanted to thank my clients who showed up at the Copenhagen Ink Fest to support me and the new shop. We won 1st and 2nd place in "Tribal/Celtic" as well as 2nd place in "Most Weird" (I guess I can now add "Extreme Tattooing" to the resumé :-) An added bonus was that the 1st place was for a piece I started tattooing by hand about 11 years back :-) Cultural Tattooing Kicks Ass!!! I also wanted to thank all the cultural and hand tattooists who worked at Skin&Bone the week up to and following the convention. The sharing of ideas and working together (sometimes on the same tattoos) was inspiring and I hope we all get to do it again sometime... different styles, same family :-)

Niels Pan Pacific Body Suit
Tattooed by Hand


No comments:

Post a Comment