Skin & Bone is a combination gallery and tattoo studio. The gallery will exhibit art and ethnographic handicrafts related to tattooing, while the studio will have Colin Dale tattooing alongside various guest artists throughout the year. Through his years of travelling and tattooing around the world Colin has had the pleasure to meet and work alongside a wide range of tattoo artists and experts working in ethnographic and other specialized styles. Amongst these friends, we have hand-tattooists from Borneo, Polynesia and Japan as well as some of the world's leading artists in Blackwork and Dotwork coming to visit. Check the homepage http://www.skinandbone.dk/ to see some of the work



Tuesday 7 February 2012

Year of the Dragon

I've been so busy the last couple of years that I've lost sight of the big picture. Between travelling, setting up the studio and trying to get a decent homepage, I haven't had time to stop, think and reflect on the experiance. I'm hoping that this blog will not only let me to share what has been happening at Skin&Bone, but will also help me to organize and guage my own progress at the same time :-)

As we have now entered the Year of the Dragon, I figured the best way to start this was to show some of the first dragons I've tattooed this year :-)

Enjoy... and stay tuned - Colin



Freehand Honey Comb Dragon...  done over 3 sessions


Freehand Cobblestone Dragon... done over 2 sessions


Freehand Rope Dragon... done over 2 sessions


As always... my dragons are drawn on the body "freehand" to best conform to the individuals form and musculature. These are not pieces of Flash to be copied :-( If you wish for something of your own I would be happy to do it... but please respect the people who wear these tattoos and have allowed me to photograph them
Thank you - Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment