Skin & Bone is a combination gallery and tattoo studio. The gallery will exhibit art and ethnographic handicrafts related to tattooing, while the studio will have Colin Dale tattooing alongside various guest artists throughout the year. Through his years of travelling and tattooing around the world Colin has had the pleasure to meet and work alongside a wide range of tattoo artists and experts working in ethnographic and other specialized styles. Amongst these friends, we have hand-tattooists from Borneo, Polynesia and Japan as well as some of the world's leading artists in Blackwork and Dotwork coming to visit. Check the homepage http://www.skinandbone.dk/ to see some of the work



Saturday 11 August 2012

Scandinavian Tattoo Magazine #29 2003

   I took a trip down memory lane last week as I finally went into our basement storage to ascess the damage from last years flood... cleaning up and throwing out "All" of the analog photos of my first 10 years tattooing :-( Also lost a great deal of art and magazine articles including this one which I had totally forgotten about. The article isn't specifically on me but rather concentrates on Haida tattooing, however the tattoo photos used to represent the style are all my work.
   This was one of the earlist publications of my work so I was rather proud at the time and have since then worked alot more with the Haida style mostly using hand tools these days and have also begun using natural pigments such as soot and red ochre.
   An added bonus was that the article was written by the Danish editor Kristian Misser who aside from doing a few articles using my photos over the years also helped me set up an "emergency" homepage when I first opened Skin&Bone. The covergirl Zsa Zsa was later editor of Nordic Tattoo Mag and now runs her own publication Z-Tattoo. Nanna and I have been writing articles for Z-Tattoo the last couple years promoting conventions we have attended and artists we have met over the years.
So I just wanted to thank them both for all the help to get get Skin&Bone where it is today :-)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment