Skin & Bone is a combination gallery and tattoo studio. The gallery will exhibit art and ethnographic handicrafts related to tattooing, while the studio will have Colin Dale tattooing alongside various guest artists throughout the year. Through his years of travelling and tattooing around the world Colin has had the pleasure to meet and work alongside a wide range of tattoo artists and experts working in ethnographic and other specialized styles. Amongst these friends, we have hand-tattooists from Borneo, Polynesia and Japan as well as some of the world's leading artists in Blackwork and Dotwork coming to visit. Check the homepage http://www.skinandbone.dk/ to see some of the work



Thursday 21 February 2013

Tattoo Savage #123 April 2013

Well the new issue of Tattoo Savage is finally here :-) Courtney McKinnon contacted me a couple years back about doing an interview... unfortunately our schedules could never coinside (me with the new studio, him with another magazine launch). Thankfully we got our heads together last Fall and made it happen. It's a little long winded so I'm surprised that they kept as much of the text as they did. I'm also happy I got to show a few new pieces blended together with some old classics.
When I first came to Denmark the only tattoo magazines I could find were some old issues of Tattoo Savage at a used book store. I remember being exposed to some real original (and extreme) work that broke me out of the box of what tattooing should look like at the time. This was even before I started tattooing and seeing early work by Xed LeHead and the like was really inspiring.
Now we've come full circle and I'm on the inside looking out :-)

Enjoy

   









 

No comments:

Post a Comment