Skin & Bone is a combination gallery and tattoo studio. The gallery will exhibit art and ethnographic handicrafts related to tattooing, while the studio will have Colin Dale tattooing alongside various guest artists throughout the year. Through his years of travelling and tattooing around the world Colin has had the pleasure to meet and work alongside a wide range of tattoo artists and experts working in ethnographic and other specialized styles. Amongst these friends, we have hand-tattooists from Borneo, Polynesia and Japan as well as some of the world's leading artists in Blackwork and Dotwork coming to visit. Check the homepage http://www.skinandbone.dk/ to see some of the work



Saturday 31 January 2015

Artistic Process: Hand tattooing... a few more from the Vault

A few pieces I found on the computer today.
Made in the early years at Skin&Bone... but before I had set up the blog, so I'm not sure if I've posted any of them before

Enjoy!



A South African client and tree hugging hippie.

 Client from Norway... this Labyrinth is found painted in a church near to where he was born

 Some Inuit hand poking

 An elderly client who wanted a tattoo of the Jelling Stone... not too big.
He also just wanted the lines as they would have been carved on the stone... so no dotwork in this one

 A Mosegaards Mask of my own design

 I also have it as a banner when I travel to conventions

A piece of "Colinesian"

 A Haida Bear loosly based on a drawing by Levi Strauss
Just to show that I can also do Haida in solid black rather than my regular dotwork style

And finally a little bit of Sacred Geometry/Colinesian mix

No comments:

Post a Comment